When does Rupeefy collect my personal information?
You may provide personal information to Rupeefy in several ways including: (1) by sharing personal information when you submit story/news tips to our editorial team or by submitting a report via our Contact Form, (2) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories, or (3) by participating in a survey where an email address is requested. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site. Rupeefy is an open global community but email addresses are requested to participate in some of our member-only features.
In addition to basic contact information, our analytics trackers may also collect other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does Rupeefy use my personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
- The contact information that you provide while submitting articles will be displayed along with the articles and our readers can contact you. However we will not publish such information if you do not want us to do so, while submitting your write up.
- The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism.
- If you choose to comment on Rupeefy stories through Twitter and/or Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
- We may at times request your participation in a survey. We will not provide your email addresses to any third party.
- We may also share your email address or other information with third-party vendors including, but not limited to those like Rapleaf and Klout. Such information will be used for data analytics.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from Rupeefy, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and Rupeefy ?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or while submitting articles or in any properties hosted by Rupeefy becomes public information. Rupeefy.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
Rupeefy Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the Rupeefy website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
Comments will only be considered for removal
(i) in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order, or
All comments and other content contributed to Rupeefy shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at Rupeefy’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
1. Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The Rupeefy community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
2. Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
3. Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
4. No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
5. Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
6. Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
7. Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the Rupeefy community by being respectful and considerate.
8. Copied content: We will remove those articles where they have been copied in part or full from somewhere else. This can be done either based on our findings or upon request from the original owner.
9. Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the Rupeefy community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.